InDepth – Subsea Power Beyond Current Limitations
03 December, 2013
SUT InDepth is a series of collaborative technology events which will address specific ocean, subsea and deep water industry issues and challenges.
The aim is to bring together the best minds and expertise in a particular area of technology – both management and operational – to address the topics in a relaxed and more informal setting.
These events are highly participatory and future looking with a strictly limited number of attendees.
Attendees will be asked to come prepared to contribute their knowledge and experience to further the development of the technology being discussed.
Summit style sessions will be facilitated by senior level industry professionals and technologists who are experts in their field.
An important aspect of the event will be networking with peers both one-to-one and in small groups.
Subsea Power – Beyond Current Limitations
3-5 December 2013
This high-level technology event aims to innovate and seek solutions to progress the development of subsea electrical power to enable and secure the future of underwater operations, principally in the offshore energy industry.
- Electrical power requirements
- Subsea power equipment – VSDs , transformers, switchgear
- Connectors and cables
- Control and communication
- Applied technologies outlook – AC/DC, Standardisation
Summary of outcomes and results will be made available to all participants after the event.
Cost – fully residential – including hotel accommodation at South Lodge Hotel for 3 & 4 December and all meals and refreshment breaks: £1575 plus VAT
Who should participate?
- The event will be of particular interest to professionals, technologists and managers working in the sphere of subsea electrical power supply – generation and transmission; developers of technology, equipment and solutions in the area of subsea power – eg VSDs, transformers, switchgear, connectors, cables, control systems; academics and researchers with an interest in subsea power issues.
- Attending an In-Depth event builds a professional network amongst peers that will last a lifetime with opportunities to interact with senior executives, senior engineers, innovators, experienced professionals, and leading technologists.
- In-Depth sessions provide an excellent opportunity for early incubation of future trends and technologies.
- They offer an opportunity to establish a reputation throughout the industry that benefits both the individual and the company.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
SUT ‘InDepth’ sessions allow you to:
- Gain insight and perspective through discussions and exchanges with peers that share similar interests and differing experiences.
- Meet with other experts from international companies, research institutes, and universities in a confidential environment.
- Form professional relationships that will continue beyond the summit.