Gwyn Griffiths Underwater Robotics Award (GGURA)
SUT’s International Panel on Underwater Robotics is honoured to announce the creation of the Gwyn Griffiths Underwater Robotics Award (GGURA). The award recognises people in the early to mid-stages of their career (and under 40 years old) who have made outstanding contributions to their field in underwater robotics. The award may be for industry/commercial, research and/or creative activity in underwater robotics.
The winner will receive £500 and a certificate.
Neil Bose, Chair of the Panel on Underwater Robotics stated:
“Members of the Panel on Underwater Robotics were excited by Professor Gwyn Griffiths’ generosity in supporting this award and were especially enthusiastic that it should be an early to mid-career award to encourage the up-and-coming generation of underwater robotics workers in their careers.“
Gwyn Griffiths MBE, a Past President of the SUT added:
“As a vibrant, forward-looking learned Society the SUT is at the forefront of encouraging and facilitating international cooperation in Underwater Robotics. From my own career, I know that peer recognition of achievements through an international Award can make a substantial and lasting difference. These have been times for reflection, and by enabling this new Underwater Robotics Award I am delighted to support the innovators of today and tomorrow.“
Nominations or applications for a GGURA must consist of the following documents.
- A letter of nomination or application that describes how the candidate meets the criteria.
- The letter should be no more than two pages in length. Supporter(s) of the nomination/ application may add their signature to this letter or supply an email that indicates their support for the candidate
- A 100-word citation or appraisal of the candidate’s research describing their contributions in a way easily understandable to those outside the discipline
- A curriculum vitae
Hear from our previous winners on the Underwater Technology Podcast! Click for episodes featuring:
- Aleksandra Tomaszek MBA, 1 CSI Ltd Co-founder & COO, Strategic Subsea Business Partner (2021 winner)
- Rustom Jehangir, Founder and CEO at Blue Robotics (2022 winner).
Please submit your form by 26th May 2023.