Aberdeen Branch Webinar – Life Cycle of a North Sea Decommissioning Project Series
OPRED - What is decommissioning?
16 June, 2021
Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment and Decommissioning (OPRED) – What is decommissioning?
It’s not just End of field life, it’s lifespan from Field Development Programme to Decommissioning Programme, to future use.
Wednesday 16th June 2021 – 1330-1430hrs BST
This is the fourth & final Presentation in a Virtual Series of Events, Life Cycle of a North Sea Decommissioning Project Audrey Banner – Head of Decommissioning Programme and Policy
Click here to watch a short video where we find out from Audrey Banner what to expect from her presentation
- Background to OPRED and BEIS
- UK and international legislation and how we translate these into the UK decommissioning guidance notes
- OSPAR, decision 98/3, derogations and considerations
- Technology development and Technology advancement joint industry project
- OPRED as regulators, working with Operators, industry, contractors and interaction with Stakeholders (HSE, HMT, HMRC, OGA and SEPA)
- What is decommissioning – its not just end of field life – Lifecycle of interaction with OPRED, Field Development Programme to Decommissioning Programme
- Decommissioning programmes large and small – example of an OSPAR decom programme and a small subsea decommissioning programme
- Comparative assessments
- Pipeline decommissioning and Pipeline bundles
- CCUS, reuse, and repurposing
- Liability in perpetuity and monitoring of pipelines left in situ
- Financial Governance, decommissioning security agreements, security and asset and company sales.
- Levels of decommissioning going forward