Marine Researchers Public Engagement Training Workshop
Free 3-day workshop
12 June, 2018 - 14 June, 2018
The Future Of Our Seas (FOOS) consortium is running a FREE 3-day Public Engagement training workshop at the Scottish Association of Marine Sciences (SAMS), Oban, Scotland from 12th to 14th June.
Suitable for any marine researchers, successful applicants will receive:
- Three days of expert public engagement training
- Support for preparation of public engagement activities
- An opportunity to deliver your activities at the West Highland Yachting Week
- Connections with community organisations and artists interested in collaborating with scientists
- Opportunities to showcase your public engagement and research in the media
A similar workshop was recently run at the Marine Biological Association in Plymouth with 15 researchers developing some amazing engagement activities for Plymouth Pirate Weekend!
Deadline for applications is FRIDAY 1st JUNE.
Check out www.futureofourseas.org for more info.