Offshore Wind Renewable Energy Course
In-person Offshore Wind Energy Course including site visits
30 April, 2024 - 02 May, 2024
Station Hotel, Newcastle
Continuing to build our international reputation for ocean and marine engineering and science training, the SUT is repeating its 3-day in-person course in Offshore Wind Renewable Energy to include visits to key sites based in the Newcastle area.
The course is designed for:
- Professional non-engineers who would benefit from understanding the offshore wind energy industry
- Engineers and technical staff who are new to this sector or making the transition from another industry
- Technical staff in the sector who would benefit from broadening their understanding of the sector.
The course will be delivered over three days of presentations and site visits by Industry and academic experts, with an emphasis on the practical applications.
Presentations (to be given by industry experts)
- Wind and the Net Zero Challenge inc Deepwater Floating Potential
- Planning, Environmental Studies and Approvals – Chris Turner, ERM
- MetOcean/Weather: UK and NW Europe Focus inc Deepwater for Floating Technology – Kevin Black, Partrac
- Fixed Bottom Offshore Structure Design and Integrity – Dr Zhiqiang Hu, Newcastle University
- Offshore Site Investigation and Seabed Site Foundations – Peter Allan, Pace Geotec
- Floating Wind Structures – Alex Argyros, BP
- Operations and Maintenance Field Study inc Turbine Operations, Equinor
- Equinor Dogger Bank O&M Base South Tyneside
- ORE Catapult Blyth R&D Centre
- Newcastle design and manufacture organisation
Cost (ex VAT)
SUT members – £989 | SUT non-members – £1089
SUT member price is also available for members of – East of England Energy Group (EEEGR), Energy Industries Council (EIC), Global Underwater Hub (GUH), International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA), NOF, Offshore Engineering Society (OES)
A CPD certificate will be issued following the course.
We anticipate this course will be in high demand, so if this course is of interest to you, please log your interest on the form, we will contact you with the final details shortly, which will provide you with an opportunity to register first, should you wish to take the course. Course numbers will be limited.