Newcastle – Offshore Wind Energy Course
10 October, 2023 - 12 October, 2023
In-person Offshore Wind Energy Course including site visits
Holiday Inn Jesmond, Newcastle
Building on our international reputation for ocean and marine engineering and science training, the SUT is extending its short course in Offshore Wind Renewable Energy into a 3-day in-person event to include visits to key sites based in the Newcastle area.
The course is designed for:
- Professional non-engineers who would benefit from understanding the offshore wind energy industry
- Engineers and technical staff who are new to this sector or making the transition from another industry
- Technical staff in the sector who would benefit from broadening their understanding of the sector.
The course will be delivered over 3 days of presentations and site visits by Industry and academic experts, with an emphasis on the practical applications.
- Introduction to the SUT
- Wind and the Net Zero Challenge inc Deepwater Floating Potential
- Planning, Environmental Studies and Approvals, Chris Turner Marine Space
- MetOcean/Weather: UK and NW Europe Focus inc Deepwater for Floating Technology, Jo ElverEvans – Partrac
- Fixed Bottom Offshore Structure Design and Integrity, Zhiqiang Hu – Newcastle University
- Offshore Site Investigation and Seabed Site Foundations, Peter Allan – Pace Geotechnics
- Cables, Ross Wilson – BP
- Floating Wind Structures, Alex Argyros BP
- Operations and Maintenance Field Study inc Turbine Operations, Equinor
Site Visits confirmed to Date
- Equinor Dogger Bank O&M Base South Tyneside
- ORE Catapult Blyth R&D Centre
- SMD Newcastle
Cost (ex VAT)
- SUT members – £985
- SUT non-members – £1075
- SUT member price is also available for members of –
A CPD certificate will be issued following the course.
We anticipate this course will be in high demand, so if this course is of interest to you, please log your interest on the form, we will contact you with the final details shortly, which will provide you with an opportunity to register first, should you wish to take the course. Course numbers will be limited.