SUT US – 2nd Annual Online Engineering Competition
21 February, 2022 - 08 April, 2022
The Society for Underwater Technology in the US (SUT-US) is organizing its 2nd Annual Online Engineering Competition, a global virtual competition for 1) college students competing with other college students, undergraduate, and graduate students, and 2) young professionals with 0 to 3 years of professional experience.
The participants will propose a solution to the predefined problem statements in the following categories:
- Subsea O&G Wells
- Submarine Underwater Rescue in Shallow Water
- Underwater Thermal Garments
- Bring your Own Problem – “BYOP Shark Tank”
The competition is scheduled to begin on 21st February, judging on 4th April, and winners will be announced on 8th April 2022.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person or team. For both, individual and team registration, the cost per participant per category is $100.00 for early-career professionals and $50.00 for students.
The deliverables include an MS PowerPoint presentation of up to 20 slides to be submitted by March 26th, 2022 by 5 PM CST. No report is required.
The judges will review each entry against the following criteria:
- Originality, Creativity & Intent
- Technical Aspects
- Implementation Feasibility
- Potential Impact and Growth
Finalists will be notified via email and assigned a 15 minutes time slot to give a final presentation to the judges between 5th – 8th April 2022. Winners will be notified via email with an invitation to the virtual award ceremony, which will take place on 8th April 2022.
- Cash prizes.
- First place winners get 1 registration each to a 2022 SUT course/workshop with a cash value of up to $2400.00.
- All participants receive a 1-year SUT membership.
If a team entry has won the topic, the cash award will be distributed evenly to each team member.
- 11 January 2022 – Applications begin
- 8 February 2022 – Registration ends
- 21 February 2022 – Competition begins
- 26 March 2022 – Competition submissions due
- 22 March – 1 April 2022 – Preliminary Judging
- 4-7 April 2022 – Finalists presentations and judging
- 8 April 2022 – Awards