10-12 October 2023, Newcastle
In-person Offshore Wind Energy Course including site visits
Venue details and booking coming soon! Register your interest below.
Building on our international reputation for ocean and marine engineering and science training, the SUT is extending its short course in Offshore Wind Renewable Energy into a three-day in-person event to include a number of visits to key sites based in Newcastle, which will include Equinor, ORE Catapult at Blyth & SMD.
The course is designed for:
- Professional non-engineers who would benefit from understanding the offshore wind energy industry
- Engineers and technical staff who are new to this sector or making the transition from another industry
- Technical staff in the sector who would benefit from broadening their understanding of the sector.
Course content will cover sessions on:
- Wind and the Net Zero Challenge inc Deepwater Floating Potential
- Planning, Environmental Studies, and Approvals
- MetOcean/Weather: UK and NW Europe Focus inc Deepwater for Floating Technology
- Fixed Bottom Offshore Structure Design and Integrity
- Offshore Site Investigation and Seabed Site Foundations
- Construction and Cables
- Floating Wind Structures
- Completion, Post Installation, and Ongoing Operation
A CPD certificate will be issued following the course.
Course costs for SUT members and non-members are in the process of being finalised and will be confirmed shortly.
We anticipate this course will be in high demand, so if this course is of interest to you, please log your interest on the form, we will contact you with the final details shortly, which will provide you with an opportunity to register first, should you wish to take the course. Course numbers will be limited.
Register your interest in this course
(booking coming soon)