Dr Ibiye Iyalla
Dr Srinivas Sriramula
The Aberdeen Branch looks to support the local subsea technology community by promoting and executing the aims of the SUT:
- Cross–fertilisation and dissemination of ideas, experience, and information between workers in industry, applied research and technology, academic research, and government.
- Development of techniques and tools to explore, study and enhance the benefits that the oceans provide.
- Proper economic and sociological usage of resources in and beneath the oceans.
- Further education of scientists and technologists to maintain high standards in marine science and technology.
The branch aims to maintain a programme of initiatives grouped under the headings:
- Events: knowledge sharing, collaborations, CPD, and social
- Education and Training: including the renowned Subsea Awareness Course
- Special Projects: including involvement in initiatives such as NASA in Aberdeen and the popular Christmas lectures for schools
- Industry Liaison: maintaining and developing relationships with other groups and societies to maximise benefit to industry
- SUT+: developing an excellent programme of initiatives engaging graduates and new entrants to industry
- Academia Liaison: maintaining important relationships with Aberdeen and Robert Gordon Universities
The branch committee consists of individuals across a range of industry sectors and academia, to help identify the needs of members and execute the goals of the branch.
If you would like to contribute some time and expertise by becoming part of the committee and the above initiatives, please do get in touch at email@example.com to see how you can get involved.