Offshore Wind Renewable Energy – Virtual Course
19 October, 2021 - 20 October, 2021
0900 -1300hrs (BST) GMT+ 1 on both 19th & 20th October 2021.
Building on our international reputation for ocean and marine engineering and science training, the SUT is launching a new short course in Offshore Wind Renewable Energy, in conjunction with Cranfield University.
The course is designed for:
- Professional non-engineers who would benefit from understanding the offshore wind energy industry
- Engineers and technical staff who are new to this sector or making the transition from another industry
The course will be delivered over two online interactive 4-hour sessions by Industry and academic experts, with an emphasis on the practical applications. Click the names below read more about our speakers.
- Introduction/General about the SUT
Judith Patten MBE, President SUT, and Project Director, All-Energy
- Wind and the Net Zero Challenge inc Deepwater Floating Potential
Miriam Noonan, Manager, Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (ORE Catapult)
- Planning, Environmental Studies, and Approvals
Kat Route- Stephens, Senior Consultant, MarineSpace
- MetOcean/Weather: UK and NW Europe Focus inc Deepwater for Floating Technology
Jo Elver- Evans, Business Development Manager, Partrac
- Fixed Bottom Offshore Structure Design and Integrity
Phil Hart, Professor and Director Energy and Power, Cranfield University
- Offshore Site Investigation and Seabed Site Foundations
Mick Cook, Director, MCL and SUT, past chair SUT OSIG Committee
Dave Brookes, Past President and Director SUT
- Construction and Cables
Michael Stephenson, The Renewables Consulting Group
- Floating Wind Structures
Úna Brosnan, Offshore New Markets Manager, Mainstream Renewable Power, Co-Chair, Friends of Floating Wind; and RenewableUK Board member
- Completion, Post Installation, and Ongoing Operation
Dave Brookes Past President and Director SUT
Cost (excluding VAT where chargeable)
SUT Members £325 (EEEGR, OES and EIC members will also benefit from the discounted member price)
CPD Credits will be available
Registration for this course has now closed.