Underwater Contractor International journal brings you the latest news from the underwater world in their July/August 2018 edition which is available to read online.
To read the journal please follow the link below:
UCi Journal – Volume 22, Issue 4.
Australia’s first submarine, lost at sea for over 100 years, continues to reveal its secret history through advanced 3D processing techniques of underwater still photography. Researchers are digitally reconstructing the sunken HMAS AE1 using about 8500 still images captured of the submarine during an archaeological surveying expedition earlier this year, with the goal of gaining a better understanding of the submarine’s fate.
Read the rest of the article here.
Photo and article credit: Curtin University
The Offshore Site Investigation and Geotechnics Perth (OSIGp) committee is seeking interested participants for our upcoming 2018 movie night evening event (date tbc), which has been held annually for the past two years.
The format for OSIG movie night is a relaxing evening of short movies showcasing typically unseen geo-related aspects of science, projects and engineering innovation/solutions. Movies are approximately 5 to 10 minutes duration and shown without audio to allow the presenter to provide commentary and unique insights. Movies are then followed by a short Q&A session.
We welcome movies on a wide variety of topics relating to the geo-disciplines we represent. Examples of suitable movies include:
- Installation of offshore foundations, such as piles, GBS, suction caissons, mudmats;
- Investigation techniques and observations, such as new tools, changing conditions or interesting seabed observations;
- Research related topics, such as laboratory experiments and/or field trials;
- Fly-by IMR-type footage, such as ROV deployment pipeline inspections, spanning rectification works;
- Production-type footage, such as dredging, seabed preparation, trenching;
- Artist impression-type footage.
To make a submission or request further information please email: Joe Tom
The latest issue of UT3 is available to read now! Featured in this issue is the latest industry news, Umbilicals, Planetary Oceanography, Underwater Equipment and Vehicles and much more. You can read the journal here.
To view all previous Volumes and Issues of UT3 please visit https://issuu.com/ut-2_publication